Some tips from professional marketer Nikesh Karki
- Share your work consistently: Regularly posting new artwork demonstrates your active involvement in the creative community and helps you attract a following.
- Utilize hashtags: Increase the discoverability of your work by using relevant hashtags that align with specific topics or styles that people may be searching for.
- Engage with fellow artists: Boost your visibility by engaging with other artists’ work through comments and likes. This not only increases your exposure but also allows you to build connections within the artistic community.
- Promote your work on multiple platforms: Expand your reach by sharing your ArtStation profile on various social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Participate in challenges and contests: Seize opportunities to showcase your work to a wider audience and gain more followers by entering challenges and contests.
- Network with other artists: Connect with fellow artists in your field, collaborate on projects, exchange feedback, and share tips. Building relationships within the artistic community can be beneficial for your growth and exposure.
- Optimize your profile: Ensure that your profile is well-organized and complete. Use a clear profile picture and a descriptive bio that highlights your work and interests.
- Prioritize quality over quantity: Curate your portfolio with your best and most recent artwork rather than filling it with random pieces. Quality work is more likely to attract attention and engage viewers.
- Remember that building a following takes time and effort: Patience is key. Keep honing your skills, actively participate in the community, and nurture relationships with other artists. Gaining followers is a gradual process that requires dedication.
By implementing these strategies, you can enhance your online presence as an artist and increase your chances of gaining a following on ArtStation or any other platform.